The BMES student Chapter was established during the Spring of 2008 and is composed of graduate and undergraduate students from various engineering and science disciplines, alumni, faculty and industry professionals.
Ever since its first meeting, SJSU BMES has been consistently recognized by both San Jose State University and the National Bioengineering Society for outstanding work in promoting the biomedical engineering career. From industry tours, professional speakers, poster sessions, networking events, and community service, SJSU BMES members are active at a diversity of events.
Mission and Objectives
- Contribute to the SJSU Student Body - Promote networking and professional advancement by inviting speakers and industry experts in the field
- Contribute to BMES Student Members - Foster academic excellence of its members by organizing industrial tours to biomedical device companies
- Contribute to BMD & BME Students - Organize poster presentations and student research competitions every semester.
- Contribute to the local Biomedical Device Community - Increase visibility of SJSU and to promote the BMD Engineering program, the BMES hosts an annual Bay Area Biomedical Device Conference
SJSU BMES's Awards
- 2010 - BMES Student Chapter Honorable Mention Award
- 2010 - Outstanding New Program at San Jose State University
- 2011 - Student Chapter Commendable Achievement Award
- 2012 - Student Chapter Meritorious Award
- 2012 - Student Leadership Award
- 2012 - Advisor of the Year
- 2014 - Student Chapter Meritorious Award
Recap the semester's events by checking out the industry tours, distinguished speakers, professional interviews, and photos in the SJSU BMES newsletter!
- SJSU BMES Alumni Database and Networking Events
- Local Biomedical Device Company Connections and Culture
- Academic Resources for BMES Members
- Interchapter Events
- BMES Engineering Competition Projects